When I first heard about putting butter in my morning coffee, I thought HECK NO! That seemed like a pretty crazy trend….Why would I want to ADD fat to my morning routine when I am trying to melt off excess body fat? Not to mention cholesterol and all of that. Well, I did a little research. I have now been blending up my morning coffee with a tablespoon or two of butter every morning. But you don’t just want to use any butter! You want to use grass-fed butter. Why, you ask?
Most cows are fed are fed corn and soy. They are not meant to eat that–they can’t even digest it properly. Their milk even produces the kinds of fats you don’t want in your body. On the other hand, cows fed a grass diet produces the best beef, milk and butter! Here are 5 reasons you should be adding some grass-fed butter to your morning routine:
1. Only grass-fed butter has the right fats to regulate cholesterol, not add to it. Grass-fed butter has the best ratio of Omega- 6 to omega-3 fatty acids (which reduces body fat) and is a good source of vitamin K, both of wich according to studies reduce the risk of heart disease.
2. It provides healthy fats for your brain and body to create cell walls (membranes) and hormones. The short-chain fatty acid Butyrate, once thought to be bad for you, has been linked to preventing neurodegenerative diseases, increased energy expenditure, and is also anti-inflammatory, further preventing heart disease.
3. Drinking it each morning puts your body in the routine to burn fat all day, helping you trim down overall. CLA (conjugated linoleic acid), found in grass-fed butter, has been shown to reduce body fat mass especially in overweight individuals.
4. “Butter” coffee will give you energy as well as increase cognitive function that you can literally feel when it kicks in for about six hours- and without the crash. Mixed with more healthy fats from coconut oil, this amped up drink will help produce ketones, which are created when your body creates energy from fat rather than carbohydrates.
5. Two tablespoons of butter in your coffee is all you need to replace a breakfast meal altogether, making this a quick alternative for people on the go. Providing your body with essential fats and calories is a higher performance blend than a carbohydrate source like oatmeal.
Here is my “secret” ingredient as well! You can order it below!